Computer and Internet Usage Contract
Acceptable On/Off Line Behavior
Computer and Internet services are available for learning only. Each computer user must review the policy and guidelines of the institution before operating any computer system. Compliance with this policy is necessary to insure maximum utilization and performance of each computer system, as well as provide a sense of security and respectful cooperation among the school community. Strict adherence to this policy will prevent costly damage or repair, downtime, and/or loss of computer privileges.
- No personal computing equipment may be plugged into the campus network system.
- No personal computing devices (smart phones, tablets, cell phones) may be plugged into state purchased equipment.
- No computer system may be used without prior approval of the supervising instructor or other school official.
- Because software is protected under copyright laws, no software can be copied without written authorization.
- No outside software can be loaded on school computers without written approval.
- Changes to a system’s configuration or the inappropriate deleting or changing of computer settings is forbidden.
- Technical manuals must not be removed from the training area.
- Computers must not be moved or repositioned on tables.
- To prevent damage to any system, computer users should not eat, or drink around computer equipment.
- Specific instructions for access to the Internet or network:
Usage is limited to classwork or workforce development activity.
- The system may not be used for personal or private matters (this includes breaks and lunch periods).
- Creating, distributing, or accessing hate mail, pornographic or obscene material, discriminatory or harassing materials or communications is strictly forbidden.
- Anti-social behaviors (including spamming) are forbidden.
- Accessing pornographic images or language is forbidden.
- Creating, distributing, or accessing confidential material, including, but not limited to, test files or
- student/personnel records is forbidden.
Reference: IT Acceptable Uses: G-054