Job TitlePractical Nursing Day Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for a Practical Nursing Day Instructor. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- Must hold active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period.
- Must have at least three years current clinical experience.
- BSN preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
- Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
- Maintain student records and reports.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with studentfollow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees;conduct visits to business and industry;establish and maintain good public relations with the schools general public.
- Participate in recruitment of students.
- Supervise student’s clinicalexperiences as scheduled.
- Actively seek potential clinicalsites for the provision of clinical training.