The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for the position of a Part-Time Evening Administrative Office Technology Instructor.
This is a part-time position, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Applications can be downloaded from https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment
Send completed application, resume, three professional letters of recommendation, and transcripts to:
- Associate Degree in Business Education or related field, Bachelors preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, MS Windows, and QuickBooks; possess good business English and math skills.
- Three to five years of successful, recent, employment experience in the area of business.
- Evidence of ability to teach general office procedures, business-related math, English, and computer applications; prior experience teaching at the secondary or post-secondary level a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and willingness to work as part of team with strong human relation skills.
- Teach all phases of Administrative Office Technology curriculum in a post-secondary setting, including Administrative, Accounting, Legal, and Medical Assistant.
- Must stay up-to-date on current and upcoming office technology.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff, general public and good working relations with local business and industry leaders.
- Strong teaching ability that allows you to work with a diverse group of students.
- Desire to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Participate in professional development activities as needed to remain current in the field.
- Work under the supervision and advisement of the full-time Administrative Office Technology Instructor.
- Maintain appropriate student records (grades and attendance) and submit timely reports.
- Assist with recruitment, placement, and follow-up of program graduates.
- Perform other duties as assigned by President or Vice President.