The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest - Covington Branch Campus is accepting applications for the position of full-time Evening Industrial Maintenance Instructor. This position is responsible for providing individualized instruction to high school and adult students in all phases of the Industrial Maintenance Technology program.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application. Please visit https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts and application to:
Latia Smith, Human Resources
1600 Highway 51 South
Covington, TN 38019
Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
• Technical diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field. Associates degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years of experience in the Industrial Maintenance field within the last five years.
• Proficient and experienced in electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, welding, machine tool, basic computer software, and hardware.
• Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with high school and adult students.
• Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students in areas including, but not limited to electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, welding, machine tool, basic computer software, and hardware. The instructor must monitor and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; and submit timely reports.
• Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
• Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.