The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for position of an Adjunct Industrial Maintenance Instructor at the main campus.
This position will teach our Evening Industrial Maintenance class and substitue as needed.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application. Please visit https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Covington employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts and application to:
Linda Ray, Human Recourses1600 Highway 51 SouthCovington, TN 38019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Industrial Maintenance field within the last five years.
- Proficient and experienced in electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, welding, machine tool, basic computer software, and hardware.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with high school and adult students.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
- Associate degree preferred
The Industrial Maintenance Adjunct Instructor will fill in during the instructor’s absences. This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students in areas including, but not limited to electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, welding, machine tool, basic computer software, and hardware. The instructor must monitor, and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; submit timely reports; and maintain close communication with the IM full-time Instructor and TCAT Covington administration.
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to serve as an adjunct instructor.
- Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.