The Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT)-Covington is accepting applications for the position of a full- time Work Based Learning Coordinator (WBLC) at the main campus at 1600 Highway 51 South, Covington, TN 38019.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Application Procedure & Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled. Send TCAT Covington Application (https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment), Cover Letter and Resume with at least 3 references to the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least three (3) years' professional experience;
- Passionate about technology, innovation, sustainability, the future of agriculture, and/or education;
- Familiarity with agricultural practices highly preferred;
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate with a diverse group of students, growers, and community stakeholders;
- Willingness to learn new skills and be agile as work progresses.
- Plan, develop, and implement the Post-Secondary Digital Agronomy Program.
- Work with the Digital Agronomy team to develop an innovative, high quality digital agronomy curriculum for both the TCAT and community college systems, in a format suitable for institutional approval. Curriculum should be at least 60% work-based learning, with clear pathways for educational progression.
- Develop detailed course content and lesson plans for each of the 18 classes identified in the curriculum outline.
- Identify and develop relationships with additional TCATs and community colleges interested in launching digital agronomy programs.
- Serve as a liaison and single point of contact for community, industry, and educational partners.
- Manage the purchase of identified supplies and equipment to prepare classroom for program launch.
- Identify potential instructors and partner farms for work-based learning opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with area employers and farms to provide work-based learning opportunities for students. Manage scheduling of “farm days,” along with remote farm visits.
- Manage technology and equipment associated with program, including IT contract.
- Work with students to ensure graduates have a robust portfolio of work-based learning opportunities and work product.
- Manage program budget to ensure all deliverables are being completed on time and within budget.
- Research and apply for applicable grant funding for programs. Specific focus should be given to industry support of work-based learning activities. Manage all grant reporting and compliance requirements.