Job TitleFarming Operations Technology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest is accepting applications for a full-time Farming Operations Technology instructor located at the Bells Campus.
Deadline: Applications can be downloaded from www.tcatnorthwest.edu.
Position will be open until filled.
Please mail/email the following: cover letter, resume, transcripts and TCAT Northwest application to:
TCAT Northwest - Attention: Teresa Yates, Human Resource Office
340 Washington Street, Newbern, TN 38059 * 731-627-2511 *
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
· Requires a technical diploma, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Education, or related field preferred.
· At least three (3) years’ experience in an agricultural setting.
· Prior experience teaching at the secondary or post-secondary level a plus.
· Ability to interact with postsecondary and secondary students.
· Possess a strong technical background in precision agriculture, crop production, or livestock production.
· Knowledgeable of a variety of agricultural technologies including sensors, handhelds, drones, and comfortable working with industry-standard software.
· Ability to operate a motor vehicle to travel to work-based learning sites within the college service area.
· Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
· Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
· Must possess average computer skills.
· Must possess a general knowledge of mechanical skills, general welding skills, basic electricity, and farm maintenance skills.
· Possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to teach all areas of Farming Operations Technology.
· Commitment to remain current in the Farming Operations field and maintain accreditation standards.
· Provide individualized classroom, lab, and field work instruction to postsecondary and secondary students to prepare them for employment in agricultural fields.
· Monitor, grade, and evaluate students’ progress and maintain student records.
· Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
· Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
· Participate in professional development activities.
· Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
· Develop and maintain an advisory group comprised of industry personnel for continued program improvement.
· Perform other duties as assigned by administration.