Job TitleEvening Practical Nursing Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for a Practical Nursing Instructor; this is a full-time position.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and
TCAT Covington application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington
Attn: Linda Ray, Human Resource Office
1600 Hwy 51 South
Covington, TN 38019
- Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Must hold active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period.
- Must have at least three years current clinical experience.
- BSN preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
• Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
• Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
• Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
• Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
• Maintain student records and reports.
• Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
• Cooperate with outside agencies; work with programadvisory committees;conduct visits to business and industry;establish and maintain good public relations with the schools general public.
• Participate in recruitment of students.
• Supervise student’s clinicalexperiences as scheduled.
• Actively seek potential clinical sites for the provision of clinical training.