Job TitleDigital Agronomy Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for a full-time Digital Agronomy Instructor at 1600 Highway 51 South, Covington, TN.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please visit https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for a copy of the TCAT Covington job application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Attn: Latia Smith, Human Resource OfficeTennessee College of Applied Technology Covington1600 Hwy 51 SouthCovington, TN 38019Telephone: 901-475-2526Latia.firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A TENNESSEE BOARD OF REGENTS INSTITUTION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Education, or related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in an agricultural setting.
- Prior experience teaching at the secondary or post-secondary level a plus.
- Ability to interact with postsecondary and secondary students.
- Possess a strong technical background in precision agriculture, crop production, or livestock production.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of agricultural technologies including sensors, handhelds, drones, and comfortable working with industry standard software.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality, and must possess strong computer skills.
- Possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to teach all areas of Digital Agronomy.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle to travel to work-based learning sites within the college service area. A For-Hire Endorsement is required.
- FAA Drone Pilot License (or must obtain license within 6 months of employment).
- Commitment to remain current in the Digital Agronomy field and maintain accreditation standards.
- Provide individualized classroom, lab, and field work instruction to postsecondary and secondary students to prepare them for employment in agricultural fields.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate students’ progress and maintain student records.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
- Develop and maintain an advisory group comprised of industry personnel for continued program improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration.