The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for the position of a full-time Digital Agronomy Grant Coordinator at the main campus at 1600 Highway 51 South, Covington, TN 38019. This is a grant funded position.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
APPLICATION PROCESS: A current résumé, completed TCAT Covington employment application, transcripts and three references. TCAT employment application available at: https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment. Position will be open until filled. Send application packet to the following:
Attn: Linda Ray
Human Resource Office
Tennessee College of Applied Covington
1600 Highway 51 South, P.O. Box 249
Covington, TN 38019
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Education, or related field.
- At least three (3) years' professional experience.
- Passionate about technology, innovation, sustainability, the future of agriculture, and/or education
- Grant experience a must.
- Organization, time management skills a plus.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate with a diverse group of students, business and industry, and community stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn new skills and be agile as work progresses.
- Manage all grants related to the Digital Agronomy program.
- Market and Recruit for Program.
- Work with the Digital Agronomy team to assist with developing an innovative, high quality digital agronomy curriculum for both the TCAT and community college systems, in a format suitable for institutional approval.
- Identify and develop relationships with high schools, additional TCATs, community colleges and universities interested in launching digital agronomy programs.
- Serve as a liaison and single point of contact for community, industry, and educational partners.
- Manage the purchase of identified supplies and equipment to prepare classroom for program launch.
- Develop partnerships with area employers and farms to provide work-based learning opportunities for students.
- Manage technology and equipment associated with program, including IT contract.
- Work with students to ensure graduates have a robust portfolio of work-based learning opportunities.
- Manage program budget to ensure all deliverables are being completed on time and within budget.
- Research and apply for applicable grant funding for programs.
- Manage all grant reporting and compliance requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration.