The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest - Ripley Branch Campus is accepting applications for the full-time position of Computer Information Technology Instructor. This position is responsible for providing individualized instruction to high school and adult students in all phases of the Computer Information Technology program.
Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to: Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley, 127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN 38063, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
• Technical diploma in an instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in a related field. Associate degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years of experience in the Computer Information Technology field within the last five years.
• Must possess a high degree of knowledge in network administration, PC hardware, systems analysis and software.
• Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with high school and adult students.
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, TestOut PC Pro, Security Pro, and Microsoft Office Specialist certifications preferred.
• Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
• Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress, maintain student records in the college’s student records management software, maintain appropriate documentation, and submit timely reports.
• Develop, plan and prepare a complete progressive course of study, lesson plans, assignments, and instructional aides, and keep these revised and up to date to meet the requirements of the industry.
• Maintain good public relations with related business and industry, maintain an active advisory committee, cooperate with outside agencies and supervise and follow-up on students participating in cooperative education.
• Assist in the administration of the College’s computer networks and the maintenance and upgrade of software, computer equipment, and peripheral equipment.
• Other duties include curriculum development, student recruitment and professional development, placement of graduates for employment in related fields, follow-up of program graduates, participation in professional development activities, and participation in student organizations.
• Some travel is required.
• Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
• Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
• Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.