The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for position of an Adjunct Computer Information Technology Instructor at the main campus.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application. Please visit https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Covington employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts and application to:
- Technical diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Computer Information Technology field within the last five years.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge in network administration, PC hardware, systems analysis and software.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with high school and adult students.
- Associate degree preferred.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certifications and Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
General Duties: The Computer Information Technology Adjunct Instructor will fill in during the instructor’s absences. This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students in areas including, but not limited to troubleshooting, system architecture and protocols, software applications, programming, hardware assembly and repair, backup strategies, networking and configuring computers and related peripheral devices. The instructor must monitor, and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; submit timely reports; and maintain close communication with CIT Instructor and TCAT Covington administration.
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to serve as an adjunct instructor.
- Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.