The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Covington is accepting applications for the position of part-time Digital Agronomy Dual Enrollment Instructor(s) at the following high school locations: Brighton, Collierville, Covington, Halls, Munford, and Ripley High Schools.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Provide a current résumé, completed TCAT Covington employment application, and letter of recommendation from the principal or director of schools. The TCAT employment application is available at: https://tcatcovington.edu/about/jobs-and-employment. Positions will be open at the participating high schools until filled. Send application packet to the TCAT Covington HR Office at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Education, or related field.
- Ability to effectively interact with secondary students and post-secondary faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Possess a strong technical background in precision agriculture, crop production, or livestock production.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to teach all areas of the Digital Agronomy dual enrollment curriculum.
- Possess a passion for technology, innovation, sustainability, the future of agriculture, and education in general.
- Possess a willingness to assist the TCAT Covington Digital Agronomy team with the development of an innovative, high-quality dual enrollment Digital Agronomy curriculum.
- Provide individualized classroom, lab, and field work instruction to secondary students for the purposes of preparing them for advancement in postsecondary training and/or employment in agricultural fields.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate student progress and maintain student records.
- Assist in the recruitment of secondary students to the dual enrollment program.
- Participate in mandatory instructor training with TCAT faculty member(s) on June 28th and 29th 2021.
- Perform other duties as assigned by secondary and/or postsecondary administrators.